Tuesday, August 2, 2016

2nd Letter from the MTC

So I found my first familiar face since getting here! Sister Hamilton found me while I was doing orientation for the new guys and so I had to grab a picture for the 336. 

This week is going by a lot faster. It's a sad day... we have a lady investigating and I was real excited but when I walked in, she was wearing a Bama shirt :(  I handled it correctly tho, I exhorted her to repentance and invited her to come to the right side as a Volunteer fan. She declined, but she's entitled to her wrong opinion.

They convinced me to play volleyball and I figured out I really really suck at it. So the phone I have for emergencies as ZL actually received a call but it was on silent. Turns out they called 11 times because a missionary was missing. I had to work real hard to get out of that one, but Ship and I are good now. 

Not really sure what to write, kind of an uneventful week other than me failing as a ZL. Thank you to all who sent me an email or a letter through Dear Elder, it's very much appreciated! 

Have fun back East!
Love,
Elder Barker

p.s. "GUYS I'M ON FREAKING GOOGLE EARTH!!!! HONESTLY MY BIGGEST LIFE ACHIEVEMENT TO DATE!"






No comments:

Post a Comment