Monday, October 3, 2016

Baptism, Monterey and Learning to Lasso!

Hey y'all,

This was my favorite week in the mission so far cause I got to participate in my first baptism out here!! Her name is Madison and Elder Methvin and I contacted into her 5 weeks ago. She's the first member in her family and was a dream investigator - gave up word of wisdom issues as soon as we asked her to. She's already asking for a calling in the ward. She said everything we taught her seemed "familiar" to her.

Conference was great. I learned a lot about the
 importance of sacrament meeting and missionary work. My favorite talk was Elder Uchtdorf's about not losing excitement for the gospel and the Plan of Salvation.

I also am learning how to rope and am picking it up pretty quick. It's a super awesome missionary hobby, because it's real cheap and you can do it anywhere (see video).

Also I went to Monterey and had a fun time for p-day today. Had this really good seafood on the beach, visited the aquarium and walked around. Monterey is beautiful, but it turns out you can't even drive by Pebble Beach without paying so that was pretty sad.

And... Tennessee keeps winning so the blessings continue to flow from serving a mission. and I got a cool shirt....mom, you won't like it. 

Love y'all,

Elder Barker

Elder Methvin, Elder Barker and Madison Machado

Elder Methvin, Elder Barker, Madson and ?

Madison Machado's Baptism Program
Hollister Zone Conference end of September 2016

Garrett learned how to lasso and he has a video to prove it!






The shirt mom won't like

No comments:

Post a Comment